I have to say, I LOVE online shopping. In fact, it’s what I mostly do here in the UK, because I am bone lazy and also, it means I can comparison shop and look for good deals. So I’m thrilled to see that online shopping is becoming more available in SA (one point in the ‘potentially move home at some stage’ column), and since I love a bargain, I was especially glad to note that Mr Price has opened its online store today. Apparently delivery is quick and not too expensive, and I’m sure this will do really well as a venture for them. Anyway, to celebrate, I thought I would pick out a few of the items I thought you could potentially incorporate into a wedding. The key of course with a budget, high street store, is to be selective, but it’s a great way to add a pop of fun that doesn’t break the bank and with weddings going ever more informal, there’s no reason why relaxed brides shouldn’t be able to pick up a few items at their local mall.
- Purple is a big colour this season, and I love the bold stripey goodness of these dresses, which would look great on a group of bridesmaids with bright white bouquets. (Here’s an example of how this sort of look can work.) ♥ Strapless Prom Dress, R119.99
- Okay, this one was pure whimsy, but I LOVE the ’50s/’60s surf safari look, and I think these would be adorable peeping out from the bride’s dress at the right kind of wedding. Maybe a wedding like this one. ♥ Floral Printed Peeptoe Heel, R139.99
- If you’re planning a wedding with a bit of Mad Men style, these would make for adorable pictures with your bridesmaids! (Although, maybe skip for the ceremony as it’s a bit theme-y.) ♥ Clear Catseye Glasses, R39.99
- I looove these shoes, they just make me feel all summery! If your style is bright, fun and multicoloured, these would be perfect (think this sort of thing). ♥ Candy Stripe Platform, R159.99
- Black dresses are a versatile option for your maids, and they’ll definitely want to wear them again if you get them these super cute heart cut-out back numbers. I can just imagine these at a wedding that makes use of bold, Parisian stripes. ♥ Cut Out Skater Dress, R119.99
- You know I love a bit of sparkle, me! But why sacrifice comfort for pretty when you can choose these sweet little silver pumps? ♥ Metallic Snake Print Pump, R119.99
- Also a bold choice, but I love the look of an animal print paired with a ’50s-influenced short dress. Such a rock ‘n roll twist. ♥ Animal Print Court, R119.99
- Aqua + chevron? Yep, this one was always going to make the cut. Perfect for a beach wedding, maybe with this fun palette. ♥ Zig Zag Sun Dress, R89.99
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post and Mr Price is not a SouthBound Bride advertiser. Although, Mr P., you’d be welcome if you wanted to be!