I thought it was high time for another DIY roundup, and of course with spring pastels on the brain, I just had to go a-looking for some pastelly loveliness for you all to add to your wedding To Do list. From table decor to bridesmaids gifts, I’ve found 15 seriously cute ideas in sorbet shades that would really brighten up any celebration, or add that extra little somethin-somethin to a pastel themed Big Day. My absolute fave is those candyfloss sodas (above) – anyone serving those at cocktail hour would immediately have me over the moon as a guest. So fun! Which is your favourite? Remember – even if pastels aren’t your thing, you can totally adapt any of these to suit a different colour scheme, so go ahead and be inspired!
1. I’m imagining these cotton candy cream sodas lined up on a table, sure to delight your guests. By the way, if you like cream soda, this recipe is the real deal – cane optional! Of course, you could adapt the idea to work with a number of cocktails or lemonades as well. By Aww, Sam
2. Here’s vase option number 1: pastel dipped milk bottles in a range of ice-creamy shades, filled with single blooms like these gorgeous fat peonies. Instant sunshine for your table. By Say Yes
3. These pastel peg escort cards are the perfect way to lead guests into your reception, and easy to make too! By Alicia Parsons (Akimbo) via Polka Dot Bride
4. Pastel pumpkins. SO. FREAKING. CUTE. And the perfect excuse to have an autumn pastel wedding. By A Bubbly Life
5. Sweetie necklaces!! Oh come on, they’re completely adorable. And not just for little guests either. Via Brides
6. For a casual or day wedding, these Kate Spade-inspired rope bracelets make a lovely bridesmaid gift or accessory. Or if you’re feeling more ambitious, you could give them as favours to your female guests – sure to be much appreciated! By Clairabellemakes
7. Vase option 2 – these eggshell effect pastel painted mason jars can be filled with gorgeous blooms and make any table look instantly colourful and sweet. By Sweet Haute
8. Making your own wedding cake is the ultimate in DIY, but if you’re going to do it, go big or go home by learning to ice this gorgeous ombre cake. By Style Sweet
9. These little paper hearts are so versatile. You could place one at each setting, string them up as a garland or as escort cards, hang a string of them on the bride and groom’s chairs, scatter a few on the cake table, etc. etc. By The Things She Makes
10. These soy bistro candles would make great little decor items, and great take-home gifts too! By Valley & Co.
11. If you’re opting for a timelessly traditional favour like almonds or sweets, you can wrap e’m up pretty in these easy-to-make pastel petal boxes. By Damask Love
12. Of course, we just had to include these sweet little bar printables from our own sparkle & blush styled shoot a couple of years back. Get the free download here. (Printable by Seven Swans, photography by Chanelle Segerius Bruce)
13. These lavender favour/confetti bags are just the prettiest touch, with a lavender ombre effect for extra style points! By Kelli Murray via 100 Layer Cake
14. Don’t forget the pastel confetti! And why not wrap it up pretty in little bags with printable stickers. By Alicia Parsons (Akimbo) via Polka Dot Bride
15. Succulent favours are a popular option that can double as a place setting or escort ‘card’, and I love the idea of adding that pastel touch with a bit of paint. This tutorial also includes handy planting instructions, so be sure to check it out even if you have other containers in mind! By Make Scout