Hello my lovelies, how has your weekend been? I’ve spent most of it in bed, under a mountain of tissues. I hate being sick. Meh, but at least I’ve taken the time to catch up on phone chats with some of my very favourite people at home, and hear all their news. Which is just as well, as my TV viewing options have been seriously limited since I decided to give up all forms of reality TV for Lent. Seriously, do you even know how much of what’s on TV is reality TV? From a rough survey of this weekend, I would say about 80%. That’s insane. I’ve also been working on some lovely features for next week, and a special little side project that I can’t wait to launch – not long now! ;)
♥ WEEKLY FAVES
This week has been full of Valentine’s loveliness and cupid-inspired angel wings. If you don’t want to miss my weekly finds, make sure you follow SBB on Pinterest. Here are some of this week’s faves:
- A heavenly styled shoot with angelic brides!
- Glittery ombre champagne bottles. Could any more of my favourite things be in one sentence?
- Pretty cocktails
- OMG calligraphy. Makes even a simple paper bag look like the prettiest thing ever! I SO have to learn!
♥ WEDDING NEWS
- This week we were thrilled to be included for the third year in a row on BrideTide’s Top 100 Wedding Blogs list. And this time we’re joined by fellow South African wedding blogs, The Pretty Blog and Wedding Friends – awesome to see us Saffas making an impact!
- Wedding pros take note: Wedding Friends is organising an industry conference in July. Find all the details here.
♥ SOUTHBOUND ROUND-UP
And here on SBB there was lots of loveliness also, including a few fun V-Day features (and some magical pictures of people in love):
- An inspiring combo of peach and duck egg blue
- Our real life bride talks bridesmaids
- An incredible handmade wedding with lots of colour and fun
- Pretty in pink (and aqua)
- An afternoon garden wedding, full of lovely moments & fresh pizza
- Customise your wedding dance floor
- A board for Valentine’s Day: poppy, linen and gold
- A sweet vintage-styled boudoir session
- The Kiss: our sponsor’s take on Valentine’s Day!
- Planning your wedding with Pinterest