Hello lovelies! Hope this Sunday finds you well. I am in bed, teetering on the brink of a cold, and trying to pull my exhausted self back – too many late nights working on the blog, I think! But our first week of 2014 has been awesome, and I am full of excitement about the rest of the year to come! For those of you who are new, SouthBound Sundays is our weekly roundup (although I won’t lie, it doesn’t happen EVERY week) when I recap our features on SBB, share any exciting news, give a shoutout to fab sponsors, and most importantly, bring you my favourites from around the web.
But before I do all of that, this week I want to say a huge CONGRATULATIONS to some of our newly-engaged readers who shared their proposal story on Twitter and Instagram using our brand new #southboundbridetobe hashtag. Clockwise from top left, please join me in sending big SouthBound hugs and yays to: Helé, Angelina, Lindsey, Amy, Maryna & Jaynie. Don’t forget to send us your pic too!
♥ WEEKLY FAVES
It’s been a very pretty week on the blogosphere, and as usual, I have gathered all my favourites on the SBB’s Weekly Faves board on Pinterest, so be sure to check that out. Here are just a few of my bests.
- A sweet hand-drawn Save the Date printable from Bells & Whistles via The Pretty Blog. I don’t know about you, but I’d print these on postcards and send them out that way – easy peasy!
- This wedding chock-full of peonies is right up my street! By Landon Jacob via Magnolia Rouge
- Another GORGEOUS wedding – loved every little thing about this one right down to the cocktails! By Enjoy Events Co./Delbarr Moradi Photography via 100 Layer Cake
- What could be prettier than a wall of sweet handkerchiefs for escort cards or favours? By Love is a Big Deal via Green Wedding Shoes
♥ SOUTHBOUND ROUND-UP
Here’s what you missed (or hopefully, didn’t!) on the blog this week:
- A celebration of Pantone’s 2014 shade, Radiant Orchid with 5 inspiration boards
- The latest from our Real Life Brides, Stella & Jerusha
- A coral ombre wedding with sweet coffee cup favours
- The most romantic game farm engagement shoot
- A chic modern wedding in a gallery with stylish and unique touches
- Beaded wedding gowns, sigh
- A cross-cultural Indian fusion wedding in rich jewel tones of emerald and ruby
- 15 fun DIY ways to ask your besties to be your bridesmaids
- How to create your very own wedding inspiration board (and why you need one)
- The first half of our Top 10 honeymoon spots for 2014
♥ NEW SPONSORS
Show some love to our fab new sponsors! A big welcome to…
- THINK Photography (photography)
- Love of Light (photography)
- Casey Jeanne (wedding dress design)
- Cotton Cloud (letterpress stationery)
- The Oyster Box (venue)
See you all back here tomorrow!