Hello friends, how’s your weekend going? It’s been a very full week here on SBB, and we have just enough time to bring you a look at what’s hot on the rest of the week as well. But first, here’s what was filling up our pages (and hearts) this week: Elegant inspiration in coral, mint, lilac and grey | Our real life bride talks cakes | A fun cherry red and navy wedding based on one of our own inspiration boards | How to get planning your engagement party | A stunning beach wedding in JBay | Colour inspiration from Pantone | Classic elegance and a polo game at this lovely wedding | Three lovely e-shoot looks for this stylish couple | Meet Vanessa of Essie Letterpress | Pretty as a Peacock inspiration
And here’s a roundup of my favourite wedding blog moments:
- Pancake cake for a chic brunch wedding – want.
- My new favourite aisle decor
- We’ve seen these signposts before, but love the colours and the rest of this preppy beach bash is also amazeballs!
- I always have to let you guys know when the new MAGRouge launches, because it’s always the bestest! Don’t miss their festival issue.
- Arrow bracelets from Anthro may be waaaaay too expensive for table decor, but this DIY makes an adorable idea affordable.
- Salt and pepper shakers: definitely the most unique favour idea I’ve seen all year.
- Love this unravelling ribbon ‘be my bridesmaid‘ idea!
- If you’re using Consol jars for your cocktails, consider styling them with that little bit extra using boards and ladders!
WEDDING OF THE WEEK
I have a penchant for peach at the moment, and this classic wine farm wedding from Troy Grover Photographers is right up my street. It’s all brought together beautifully, with details like vintage photographs for table numbers, a delicious rustic monogram, calligraphed luggage tag escort cards, beautiful florals and wine barrels in the reception area. This would translate perfectly to the Cape.