Hello friends! Just enough time to squeeze this in before the end of a crazy weekend (sadly all work and no play; I am a very dull girl). I have some seriously gorgeous gorgeousness in the week to come, but first there’s last weeks wonders. And this week I was thrilled to have not one but two of our features picked up by two of my favourite blogs as part of their love lists – big thanks to Boho Wedding Blog and Elizabeth Anne Designs! Here’s what you missed on SBB: Yellows, blues and pumpkins for autumn inspiration | Our RLB is honeymoon dreaming | Classic autumn wedding elegance | Mismatched groomsmen | A wedding that took its cue from a travelling circus | Lovely dresses from local designer Molteno Creations and Abigail K. | An adorable Kalk Bay wedding with procession from ceremony to reception!
- I love what this couple did with prints – so pretty and clever!
- I have no idea why feathers dipped in gold paint a la Anthro is making me so excited, but they are. I’m just going with it.
- We love big letters. Now we love big letter balloons.
- Hot pink single flower bridesmaid bouquets. Loveylove!
- DIY fans HAVE To check out new site Confetti Pop. Including lots of fab tutorials, including these swizzle sticks.
- Rainbow ribbon wands. Here‘s how!
- I love unusual arches and aisles, and this chalk arch is one of my faves.
- Personalised burlap napkins. I can see SO many of you making use of this one!
WEDDING OF THE WEEK
OBSESSION. That’s the only word for what I feel for this wedding by Dan O’ Day, and have done ever since the lovely Anneli Marinovich flagged it up a few days ago. I mean, I am all about getting married in South Africa, but this venue (an abandoned mansion in New York) has to be the coolest venue of all time. I’m pretty sure it won the Oscar. It’s all beautiful decay and sweet melancholy and Miss Haversham in the best possible sense. Um, and that’s before you get to the gorgeous couple and the breathtaking Claire Pettibone dress and ornate headpiece and the photos in the empty swimming pool that used to be full of Tiffany’s glass. Obsession. I warned you.