It’s the weekend! This one is bittersweet for me, folks, as it’s my last in South Africa. I can’t believe how quickly my time has gone and I know I’ll feel devastated to get on that plane, but at the same time, I’m looking forward to getting back to London, seeing my friends there, watching the Queen have her Jubilee, being part of the Olympics, hanging with my housemates, giving the kittens a cuddle, enjoying Pimms in the sunshine, and not having to listen to Saffas tell me they’re freezing when it’s 24 degrees. (Seriously, people. I know I’ve lived overseas for a decade, but that’s not cold.) Before I go I have a very exciting photo shoot in the works in Cape Town next week with an incredible team of suppliers, and a few rushed meetings with lovely industry peeps and friends. But this time next week, I’ll be on a plane to London (well, Dubai, but then London) and wishing I could do it over again. AS ALWAYS. I don’t think I’ll ever get enough of this country.
Anyway, I’ll start singing Toto in a minute, so before I do, here’s a little of what you might have missed on SouthBound Bride this week… First of all, the weddings. Ah, the weddings. There was rustic fairytale loveliness. There was a handmade and heartfelt organic wedding. And there was the smiliest bride in the gardens of an iconic Cape Town hotel. Not to mention, my new favourite colour scheme, a chilled-out-at-home couple session, a vote for brunch weddings, a Q&A with a South African wedding dress design legend, and a printable Alice in Wonderland bridal shower. Whew. Am I spoiling you guys with all this goodness? ;)
Here’s what else I loved on the web this week:
- Friends of SBB Anneli Marinovich and b.loved Weddings pulled off the most gorgeous e-shoot in Paris this weekend. Love it, and so proud of them!
- I love all the invitations in this roundup, every last one. So great for inspiration!
- Okay, this was a 30th birthday, but I’m obsessing over the Rat Pack slash Alice in Wonderland styling, which could so be used for a wedding.
- Bridesmaids in ballet-inspired top knots. Love. It.
- How sweet was the concept of this paper flower garden on a plate?
- This shoot is crackers, but man it made me laugh. An e-shoot with the couple wearing Liz and Philip masks for the Diamond Jubilee. Yep, I told you it was mental. But only in a good way.
- I’m all for giving your guests something to start the conversation, and these ‘5 things’ cards are a great idea!
- Ombre bridesmaids. I die.
WEDDING OF THE WEEK
I actually struggled this week (I know, what’s wrong with me, right?) but the struggle was over the minute I saw this destination wedding in Mallorca, Spain. (Not that South Africa still isn’t the shizzle when it comes to wedding destinations, but you know, Spain is pretty awesome.) You guys, the bride wore a GOLD DRESS. It’s delicious. And I LOVE that way this wedding is all James Bond Casino Royale sophistication, but beachside. It’s so decadent, and it means you can pretty much make up the rules as you go. Please would someone do this here? PS If you do, dibs on the feature. I totally called it.