Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you’ve had a great weekend. It’s officially the last weekend of summer here, I guess, and we had a couple of days of glorious sunshine (in case you haven’t noticed me moaning, we’ve had the coldest summer this year since before I moved to the UK – not happy!) so I was able to host a braai at my new house. What a pleasure having a garden again! I introduced my Irish housemate to the joys of the potato bake, and had a good chin wag with my laydees, and have spent the whole of today catching up on blog posts for the coming week, painting my office, etc. I can’t wait to move in there! Hope that, whatever you’ve been up to, you’ve had a really wonderful weekend!
Before we begin the new week, here are my favourites from around the week in the last seven days.
- Love this corsage as an alternative to the bouquet – and the bride’s pretty red nails!
- I’ve heard of wedding cake alternatives – but a watermelon? Never thought I’d see one carved up so pretty!
- LOVE this cute couple’s wedding parade!
- A sweet bookish alternative to a ring pillow.
- How fun is a tabloid Save the Date?
- I’m head over heels for this sassy bride’s style – THOSE SHOES!!
- “Come for the love, stay for dessert and cocktails”: a stunning calligraphy-style invitation suite, including a host of cutesy sayings.
- Just look at this ball cake and tell me you’re still not in love with ombre. Nope, didn’t think so!
WEDDING OF THE WEEK
With a stylist for a bride, it’s no surprise that this week I’ve fallen for this pretty wedding on Green Wedding Shoes. What I love most is how coherent the styling is – from invitation to bouquet to (sigh) bridesmaids’ dresses, it’s like an inspiration board come to life. Just beautiful.