Yay, it’s the weeeeeekeeeeend! Hope you all have something lovely planned. I’m still in getting things done mode, and I’m also hoping to pop up to the National Wedding Show on Sunday. Will any of you be there? If you have any time (just five minutes!) this weekend, don’t forget to answer our Reader Survey.
Right, here’s what caught my fancy this week. There’s quite a few little DIYs this round – I love finding these little (achievable) details that I know would look amazing in the right wedding!
- I think this cute little tin light DIY would be perfect at a farm wedding, and so easy to do!
- You know how much I love movie-inspired engagement shoots and I am IN LOVE with this one following the style of La Dolce Vita. So original, and the photos are amazing! (Psst, for another awesome movie-inspired shoot this week, check out Breakfast at Tiffany’s – sigh – here.)
- What a cute idea for a wedding weekend – team badges! (I also like the idea of having them say Team [Bride’s name] and Team [Groom’s name], which I saw on an inspiration shoot a while back.)
- Paper chains make for a really fun and festive installation at this city wedding
- I always loved Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward’s love story and enduring marriage, but Snippet & Ink made me love them all over again. Not wedding inspiration, MARRIAGE inspiration.
- CAKE BUNTING! I’ve died over this before, but now it’s a DIY and you can make it yourself! In a bunch of colours! Omigodit’ssoexciting!
- Children’s books and illustration are a big passion of mine, so I love illustrated details and these maps… love.
- Terrarium place cards. Could a DIY be more lovely?
WEDDING OF THE WEEK
This French market inspired wedding is so swoony and dreamy and perfect. The flowers include garden roses, lily of the valley, sweet peas and peonies, formed into the loveliest bouquets, wreath and table arrangements (complete with gilded apples). The palette is so soft and pretty, and the bride and groom also included cameo details (as on the favour box above). Each guest had an old postcard (found by the bride at a French antique market) marking their place. We’ve seen a lot of these elements before, but this my friends, is how to do it right. Beautiful!
And finally, here’s a roundup of what went down on the blog this week:
- Navy and burlap combine in this rustic blueberry inspiration board
- A 10% discount on Minted stationery for all readers (and a fun 80s movie pop quiz!)
- A huge hit on the interwebs! – you’re loving these love story invitations and so am I!
- Such a sweet pink wedding at Kleinevalleij
- My photo shoot with Monica Dart, and some words on social media and being who you are
And that’s it! See you back here on Monday!