After a gorgeous outdoor wedding this morning, I thought it was high time for a rustic DIY roundup this afternoon – and nothing says rustic like burlap! Or hessian, as most South Africans call it. This sacking fabric not only adds texture and a bit of a rough feel (perfectly contrasted with lace, or even a bit of sparkle) but it’s also super affordable, which is a win for budget brides. Pick it up in your local haberdashery, or order online by the metre. Most brides use it for table runners, but there are actually many more fun uses for the fabric, and it’s a chance for some creative DIYs. Pick your favourite from these fifteen brilliant ideas and get crafting!
1. The addition of lace and tweed makes this burlap bunting extra special via Love My Dress
2. Textured letters – use for your monogram. Via The Virginia House
3. Goodness how I LOVE these little burlap heart placecards! Via Emmaline Bride (pic: Tanja Lippert Photography via Style Me Pretty)
6. Coffee bean favours – the ideal way to celebrate your ‘perfect blend’! Via Ruffled
11. Burlap banner – add monogram or wording such a ‘we do’ or ‘just married’ etc. via Shine with Jennifer Leigh
For more burlap wedding ideas, see our roundup.