As I mentioned, I am feeling WAY more Christmassy as December creeps on (or maybe it’s just that it’s been rainy and dark for days in Durban and it feels more Northern Hemispher-ey than usual). But I must admit I am WAY behind on Christmas shopping. If you’re anything like me, you’ll need some ideas, and that’s why I’ve put together another gift guide – this time it’s for the boys. Each of these would be perfect for a groomsman – or as a stocking filler or smaller gift for the hubs. And as always, keep an eye out for some of our fab South African makers in amongst my picks! (PS You can find these and lots more gift ideas in our dedicated 2015 Christmas Gift Guide Pinterest Board)
- Leather washbag – it’s a classic for a reason. This one sports a waterproof lining and a hot press monogram.
- This brass and cherry wood compass is perfect for the adventurer and can be personalised with an engraving on the bottom.
- Here’s another great gift for your most adventurous groomsman – hang this ‘scratch the world’ map and then scratch off countries as you visit them.
- What’s more adorable than a shweshwe bowtie? Nothing. Except maybe a hot man in a shweshwe bowtie!
- You already know we love local designer Seven Swans’ prints – this ‘Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish’ wooden block print is perfect for a guy, especially if he’s a Jobs fan.
- For the corporate guy, this Simon Carter Arrow Tie Bar With Swarovski Crystals makes a stylish but subtle statement.
- Sawdust is Man Glitter (mug). Ha. Perfect for the DIY enthusiast in your life (especially if he’s helping build half of your wedding!)
- These days we all have at least one guy friend with a beard, right? Well, here’s a cute beard grooming kit including beard oil and shipwreck soap to keep it trim and un-Mr-Twit-like.
- On the other end of the spectrum, your clean-cut groomsman might appreciate a stylish nickel razor from Penhaligons, London.
- An iPhone case slash wallet in smooth leather and with a personalised monogram = happy groomsman.
- The hottest chillis powders in the world. And they’re in a matchbox. This is boy treasure.
- Still not enough for the curry fan? (And what man isn’t one, although I’ll never know why.) Then he’ll love this Friday Night Curry Club subscription – six months of spices and recipes to make the most delicious curries ever.
- Every best man needs a tot of the strong stuff to keep his groom’s nerves in check – this stylish Aspinal leather flask will do the trick?
- If you have a groomsman who’s off in the UK and pining for SA, this is the perfect pressie – a mini biltong making kit! That’ll tide him over till his next visit (for your wedding).
- For the organised groom or the stationery addict, this Paul Smith striped notebook will be appreciated.
This is not a sponsored post but contains affiliate links.
2015 Gift Guide Series: